Waiters and waitresses take orders and serve food and beverages to customers in dining establishments.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Greet customers, present menus, and explain daily specials to customers
- Answer questions related to menu items and make recommendations
- Take food and beverage orders from customers
- Relay food and beverage orders to the kitchen staff
- Carry trays of food or drinks from the kitchen to the dining tables
- Remove dirty dishes and glasses and clean tables after customers finish meals
- Prepare itemized checks and hand them to customers and sometimes take payment
- Clean and set up dining areas, refill condiments, roll silverware, and stock service areas
1 – 3years working experience in related field
WASSCE/Diploma/HND in Hospitality Management
Ideal candidate must possess the following;
- Communication skills.Waiters and waitresses must listen carefully to customers’ specific requests, ask any questions, and relay the information to the kitchen staff, so that orders are prepared to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Customer-service skills; should be friendly and polite and be able to develop a rapport with customers.
- Detail oriented; he must be able to recall the details of each order and match the food or drink orders to customers.
- Interpersonal skills; must be courteous, tactful, and attentive as they deal with customers in all circumstances. they must show an understanding of customers’ complaints and help resolve any issues that arise.
- Physical stamina.Waiters and waitresses spend hours on their feet carrying heavy trays, dishes, and drinks.