Responsible for managing the transportation department of the company. The Transport manager plan and coordinate road haulage, distribution and passenger transport operations, including routes and schedules. They make sure that goods and passengers reach their destinations safely, on time and in the most cost-effective way.
- Lead all distribution and transportation planning and strategic activities.
- Recruit, interview, select, train, motivate, coach, and mentor shipping clerks and transport drivers.
- Working with suppliers and customers, planning routes and scheduling delivery times
- Managing a team of supervisors, administration staff and drivers
- Making sure the operation meets its targets
- Coordinating staff training
- Putting together performance reports for directors
- Arranging vehicle maintenance, MOTs and tax payments
- Organizing vehicle replacements
- Managing contracts and developing new business.
- Degree in transport management and logistics
- 5 – 10 years working experience as transport manager