Reports to: Finance Manager, Ghana and International Tax Manager
Supervises: Tax Team (including a tax accountant and assistant tax accountant)
To play a lead role in the management, co-ordination and integration of all tax related matters and activities within, and connected to, the Ghana Business Unit. The role will include ensuring that the Ghana Business Unit, including teams in both Ghana and London are tax compliant, that all tax related matters have been considered and the relevant advice provided, and the tax position is managed effectively and cost efficiently.
1. Lead, manage and develop the Ghana Tax Team
2. Act as the focal point for all Ghana tax matters
3. Support the Finance Manager and International Tax Manager, where appropriate, in their roles and responsibilities
4. Engage with the relevant Government bodies on tax policy and legislation
5. Liaise with the JV partners to agree the tax positions to be taken
by the JV partners
6. Manage any audits or assessments issued by the Ghana Revenue
Authority and the tax input required on statutory and cost recovery audits
7. Ensure business is updated on all proposed and enacted changes to tax policy or legislation and the implications these will have on the business
8. Develop and implement appropriate tax and accounting policies and procedures in support of the business
9. Ensure implementation of appropriate internal controls framework in support of the business and provide assurance on the proper operation of same.
10.Manage and oversee the tax compliance activities in respect of both corporate and operational taxes.
11.Work with other functions, including Commercial, Legal, Supply Chain and HR to build cross-functional working relationships and ensure all the appropriate tax matters have been considered and taken into account by these functions.
12. Provide tax support and advise on all Ghana operations including projects related to development and midstream activities.
13. Input as appropriate into the business reports and budgets 14.Ensure the Ghana Tax Team receive the appropriate training, development and on the job experience required to build an effective and efficient tax team.
A qualified accountant with at least 10 years of tax experience. Experience of the oil exploration and production industry is preferable.
Broad range of Oil and Gas technical finance and tax competences including strong Ghanaian and International Tax knowledge. Proven functional and general leadership ability. Ability to lead, build and develop a Tax Team.
The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential. Ability to build functioning working relationships across organisational, corporate, and cultural boundaries. Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of broader corporate goals.
Ability to take decisions and progress towards goals in conditions of uncertainty. Ability to discuss and reach tax effective agreement both internally and externally.