Our client, a subsidiary of a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production group listed on the London, Irish and Ghanaian stock exchanges currently seeks talented and qualified Ghanaians to fill the following vacancy in the Ghana Business Unit.
The Senior Development Geologist shall serve as senior technical member of sub-surface team responsible for building and updating reservoir models, well planning, field development activities and the planning and monitoring operational activities across Ghana assets. They will present results internally to management and externally to partners and liaise with both to resolve technical issues.
- Geological modelling activities. Work with team geoscientists and PEs to create representative suite of static models for history matching and forecasting, and for input to reserve evaluation.
- Evaluate and communicate geological uncertainties feeding into additional data acquisition plans and capture in uncertainty analysis and reservoir modelling.
- Prepare supporting documentation on infill or further development drilling opportunities, including presentations, well proposals and well diaries as required.
- Align technical activities with business objectives to ensure timely delivery of fit for purpose solutions.
- Present recommendations to management, peer reviews and partners.
- Mentor junior and graduate Geoscientists as required.
- Help build and maintain accurate and comprehensive databases of data gathered in conjunction with geoscience team members.
- Reinforce best practices in geomodelling techniques and Petrel workflows.
- Provide high quality geological evaluations, reservoir and well correlations to the Development Team.
- Define field data acquisition programs and field monitoring, including wireline, LWD, coring and fluid sampling in collaboration with other members of the team.
- Provide technical assistance to other teams within the organization as required.
- Input to geological projects and studies and integrate study results into field development models.
- Input to field data gathering and reservoir monitoring program.
- Ensure all work is carried out to appropriate standards and in accordance with organization’s internal processes.
- level or higher is preferred with strong operational geology skills and experience.
- Advanced 3D static modelling skills including integration of petrophysics, rock physics, quantitative seismic interpretation, depositional models and reservoir engineering information for dynamic reservoir simulation and volumetric assessments.
- 10 years’ or more broad petroleum geology experience, with specific in-depth experience in oil field development and production geology.
- Detailed back ground in turbidite sedimentology with proven knowledge of a range of structural regimes and depositional environments.
- Expert in Petrel geomodelling with experience of international environments.
- Self-starter, team player, possesses strong analytical and communication skills and enjoys working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to direct application of existing principles and guides development of new approaches.
- Ability to adapt styles, use persuasion in delivering messages and align technical objectives to business and project drivers.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and influencing skills.
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize between competing projects, react quickly and flexibly to changing circumstances.
- Adopt a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach and seek ways to find and apply best practice.
- Maintain and promote the organisation’s Code of Business Conduct.