A fast-growing Investment Management firm is currently looking for an experienced Portfolio Manager to complete its dynamic workforce.
To be successful, the candidate must be able to work efficiently and effectively in a collaborative and fast-paced environment that embraces innovation.
The successful Portfolio Manager should have experience in the financial services or investment sectors. The role will focus on creating and managing investment portfolios and making recommendations to clients based on in-depth financial market analyses with the aim of achieving our clients’ overall investment objectives and outperforming the mandate benchmarks.
The Portfolio Manager will carry out the following tasks:
- Prospect for new clients.
- Maintain new and existing client relationships, including informing clients of market conditions, updating them on investment research and economic trends, and meeting with them to discuss their portfolio performance and investment objectives.
- Develop for each client, an Investment Policy Statement, outlining our clients’ investment objectives and risk appetite.
- Provide advice and guidance for investment opportunities to customers
- Determine acceptable risk levels for clients based on time frames, risk preferences, return expectations, and market conditions.
- Communicate with clients about their accounts, market conditions and economic trends
Investment Strategy, Research, and Execution
- Outline together with front office team investment research methodology and reports (with frequency of distribution) to identify investment opportunities
- Liaise with Investment Committee to execute broad firm strategy on investable universe on a multi-asset, multi strategy basis
- Construct model portfolios with multiple scenario analyses informed by market conditions and economic trends before actual execution.
- Trade securities in client accounts to maintain a specific investment strategy, or to reach an investment objective.
- Manage multi-asset portfolios with the aim of maximizing investment returns.
- Stay up to date with relevant investment and trading news, and economic trends.
- Evaluate the performance of investment portfolios and ensure compliance with standards provided by regulatory organizations, including conformance with investor disclosures, privacy laws, anti-money laundering requirements, and anti-fraud measures.
- Perform periodic attribution analysis as a way of benchmarking the success or otherwise of the decision-making process
- Prepare periodic fund reporting and performance presentations.
- Flexible to travel to meet clients as required
- Monitor portfolios for corporate actions
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Master’s degree in business, economics, or finance.
- Level 2 pass in the CFA programme or similar qualification, such as a ACCA will be an advantage
- 5 or more years’ professional portfolio management experience.
- Detailed understanding of capital markets with a high interest in and enthusiasm for economic and financial market trends
- Proficient in various financial management software, such as Bloomberg and Investment Management platforms
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft excel and the use of excel to develop financial models for investment decision making
- Comprehensive experience in research methodology for financial markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to spot, analyse, and solve problems proactively
- Ability to work independently, but also team oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Tech savvy and open to innovative solutions for finance
- Proven track record in investment management and in decision making for investment portfolios
- Strong understanding of investment strategies and risk management
- Demonstrated experience in client service with a focus on delivering client requirements