The Restaurant manager will ensure that the restaurant operate efficiently and profitably while maintaining their reputation and ethos. He must coordinate a variety of activities, whatever the size or type of the outlet. He will be responsible for the business performance of the restaurant, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service, and health and safety.
- He must accomplish the restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Must be able to meet the restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Plans menu’s by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- He must avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ideal candidate must have 3-5years working experience in hospitality management.
- Candidate must have Degree/HND in business studies, management, hospitality management or hotel and catering management.
- Gaining practical hotel, catering, restaurant, waitressing or customer service work experience is essential.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Teamwork skills