A reputable health care company base in the capital of Ghana is looking for an experienced Practice Manager. He/She will be in charge of Financial Management, Reporting and Administration. Supervises staff and oversees the management of all clinic activities and staff (Especially Financial Reporting).
- Owns all the operational activities of the clinic and exercises operational oversight
- Produces all Financial Reports, including P&L, Cashflow, Balance Sheet and analytical reports; oversees the business and financial affairs of the clinic and fiscal management single handedly
- Responsible for developing and implementing the clinic’s mission and strategic vision.
- Provides leadership in developing planning and implementing the clinic’s business plans to the Owners
- Recommends, develops, implements improvements for the practice.
- Informs board about current trends, problems and medical activities to facilitate policy making.
- Responsible for general clinic growth and for delivering and managing new client relationships and also managing them (Supervises Marketing Associate in most instances)
- Establishes, secures approval and overseas clinic operating policies and procedures.
- Participates and coordinates the physician recruitment.
- Oversees efforts for recruitment, development, performance evaluation of employees.
- Oversees and manages the billing and collection processes.
- Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment without jeopardizing important innovation or quality of care.
- Ensures clinic compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies.
- Continually monitors operations, programs, physical properties. Initiates appropriate changes.
- Encourages community education by initiation participation in health fairs and events to promote awareness. Responsible for managing the overall marketing activities of the practice.
- Represents the clinic in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, and third-party payers.
- Manages all practice managed care relationships, including monitoring of related reimbursement, negotiation with third party payers, provider credentialing, and maintenance of contracts.
- Serves as liaison and channel of communication between the hospitals, health plans, insurance companies and regulatory bodies.
- Resolves any medical-administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional, healthful clinic atmosphere.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep current in the latest health care trends and developments.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Strong background in Accounting and Finance
- CA or ACCA part 2 or better2:1 or Undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting from UCC, UG, Ashesi University (preferred) or Degree from the UK, Europe or US a plus
- At least 5 years work experience in Finance or Managerial role (Healthcare Experience preferred but not required)
- Masters Degree in Healthcare management a major advantage
- Microsoft Office required, understanding of healthcare software a major plus
- A self-starter who needs little or no supervision
- Comfortable with answering to authority through regular reporting
- A natural leader
- Firm and principled
- Able to deal with a myriad of problems and finding solutions on the go