The planning engineer/coordinator must be fully conversant with Primavera P6 planning software and able to forensically review and identify critical path activities from a Main Contractors baseline programme. The planner/coordinator will be required to produce weekly and monthly updates against the Contractors baseline programme and evaluate the Contractors progress reports against planned and actual, and report the reasons for any delays to the programme of Works, together with the monitoring of the Contractors resources for labour and plant, procurement of long lead-in items for Contractor orders and approvals given. The planning engineer/coordinator would require having experience and carrying out the following, specifically;
- Development of base line program (fully resource/Cost loaded) for the projects
- Preparation and update construction schedule, cash flows, and manpower histograms on a weekly basis.
- Preparation of Proposal Plan for Tender Programs.
- Providing weekly reports for the purpose of comparing the planned and actual progress on site.
- Identifying the causes of delay if any and the effect of delay on the construction schedule.
- Prepare daily, weekly & monthly reports for client.
- Coordination of sub-contractors, supplier’s procurement and progress.
- Planning and allocating resources and monitor its effective utilization at site.
- Identifying the needs of the project equipment.
- Extension of time, evaluation, assessment and resolution of claims, provide written reports.
- Preparing recovery and revised plans to pick up the delays.
- Forensic analysis of Contractors programme and critical path analysis
- Review and comment on work break down structures of resourcing schedules from Contractors approved baseline programme
- Preparation of master schedule and detailed schedules using primavera P6.
- Monitoring and reporting progress (Daily, Weekly & Monthly report).
Update periodically the progress schedule based on data provided by the site team and produce comprehensive charts and tables
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Must be fully conversant with Primavera P6 planning software( THIS IS A MUST)
- Able to forensically review and identify critical path activities from a Main Contractors baseline programme
- Ability to evaluate the Contractors progress reports against planned and actual, and report the reasons for any delays to the programme of Works,
- Should be able to monitor Contractors resources for labour and plant, procurement of long lead-in ordered items and approvals given.
- Not less than 3 years experience