Coordinate all repairs with external teams, test applications to ensure it is user friendly and merchants will accept, provide feedback to development team. Manage merchant onboarding, ensure buy-in and ownership of terminals by the merchants to drive Transactions.
Drive with the intensity required to onboard new merchants and drive increased transactions and be able to multitask on several projects with crunching timelines. Coordinate with teams in Nigeria and where necessary for information and key data exchange and reporting. Able to deal with ambiguity in role definition. Has the ability to take on roles, learn fast and come up to speed on any task assigned. Ad hoc and any other ancillary task.
- Review merchant activities on the portal and TMS daily.
- Identify key trends and report to management daily such as increased failures, underperforming merchants, inactive terminals etc.
- Flag inactive merchants and develop plans to activate them weekly and report to management.
- Identify high and low performing merchants weekly and present to management with a plan to revive the underperforming.
- Prepare monthly reports on total transactions performed with analysis to achieve BP gross targets.
- Respond to merchant issues rapidly by engaging them.
- Provide training and assistance to new merchants and identify existing merchants in need of training to drive transactions.
- Conduct site visits regularly to ensure there is branding and visibility.
- And also tellers are able to use the terminals without any issues.
- Resolve and conduct on spot training if required.
- Work closely with Bank reps to identify new merchants to onboard either for the bank or for the company.
- Coordinate and ensure merchants are being on-boarded timely.
- Ensure the availability of POS devices for new merchants are delivered with the appropriate application installed.
- Ensure timely repair of terminals. Coordinate and manage the entire repair process.
- Communicate effectively and timely with clients, external/internal stakeholders, and senior management as regards the project status reporting, risk/issue assessment, issue escalation and resolution as they arises and work successfully with and influenced senior leadership and partners towards strong support for projects delivery.
- Review and monitor various key programs to ensure consistency with defined objectives.
Acquisition and Transaction
- Aggressively Identify new merchants to onboard for the company or bank.
- Engage the merchants and sign them up.
- Develop target list with priority merchants to onboard for the company.
- Drive merchants to exceed month-on-month transaction achievements.
- Set transaction targets for merchants and drive them to achieve through monitoring, site visits, active engagement.
Support with internal/ external stakeholders
- Identify suitable external forums for representation of the Company.
- Support the team in ad-hoc activities as they may arise
- Present market intelligence report on what competition is doing or new merchant trends
- Coordinate with teams external teams in other countries for key data and information exchange.
- A First degree in any relevant discipline with minimum of 2years relevant work experience.
- An accredited professional certification in Project Management.
Ideal candidate must possess and display the following characteristics:
- Strong commercial acumen
- Must demonstrate curiosity and deep desire to learn and achieve.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and win them over.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills.
- High energy person with the ability to organize, manage and deliver key strategic initiatives.
- Strong communication skills – Both written and verbal.
- Project & Program management skills.
- Ability to work seamlessly across businesses and hierarchy levels.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills.