The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the installation and commissioning of all equipment. He is to provide training support with the provision of the correct technical guidance, systems of work and controls that would ensure the ongoing fitness for purpose of the static and rotating equipment in accordance with good industry practice and legislative and/or regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for representing the company discipline in various projects and assignment.
- Responsible for the design, specification, installation, inspection, testing and commission of new, changed or upgrade static and rotating equipment systems in the work areas assigned.
- In charge of maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient.
- Ensure the quality of the manufacture, testing and acceptance of mechanical equipment and associated packages.
- Program and monitor field installation, commissioning and testing procedures and requirements, and liaise with and direct site supervisory staff as necessary.
- Participate in or lead internal and external technical audits and take part in incident investigation.
- Degree in a relevant engineering or similar discipline.
- Effective technical skills with 6years experience in the installation and commissioning of machines.
- Experience in front end engineering design through to operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the full range of packaged, static and rotating equipment.