Reports to: Board of Directors
The MD acts as the head of the operating arm of The company in Ghana while in charge of implementing the business plan as set by the Board of Directors of The company. The MD will be the key person in charge of realising the vision of the board, growing and diversifying the business within Ghana, protecting its assets, managing client relationships and developing relationships with the government of Ghana and the community in which the company operates.
The Board delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the Management Director, who is empowered to carry out these responsibilities in compliance with the direction and policies established by the Board. The Managing Director provides direction and enabling to the Board as it carries out its governance functions.
1) Filing of all legal and regulatory documents, as well as monitoring the company’s status and compliance with relevant laws and regulations, both in Ghana and abroad as applicable.
2) Keeps the Board fully informed on the financial and operating condition of the company and on all the important factors influencing it. Identifies problems and opportunities and addresses them; brings those which are appropriate to the Board and/or its committees; and, facilitates discussion and deliberation. Informs the Board and its committees about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy-making. Recommends policy positions.
3) Provides general oversight of all the company activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
5) Designs and implements operating standards, controls, management systems and procedures in order to continuously evaluate business plan execution.
6) Develops and maintains a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff, as well as processes for selecting, developing, motivating, and evaluating staff.
7) Recommends staffing and financing to the Board of Directors. In accordance with Board action, recruits personnel, negotiates professional contracts, and sees that appropriate salary structures are developed and maintained.
8) Specifies accountabilities for management personnel and evaluates performance regularly.
9) Works with the Board to enable it to fulfil its governance functions.
10) Assists the board in formulating and planning long term strategy for the company.
11) Oversees the fiscal and financial activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting, audit and relationships with financial institutions.
12) Works with the board to ensure financing support for short and long term goals.
1) The MD will be in charge of all personnel already employed by THE COMPANY.
2) MD will work on implementing a comprehensive logistics strategy between the various haulage options the company currently has.
3) ED will work to develop the business into the downstream areas of cargo handling, warehouse ownership and value added goods shipment, both in winning additional haulage contracts as well as growing the business organically or through acquisitions.
4) ED will advise on financing solutions for the company.
5) ED will develop a human resources policy.
6) MD is expected to spend the majority of the working week in Takoradi. Periodical trips to Accra and other locations in Ghana to conduct business development and relationship management will be required.
1) The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years experience in the logistics industry in Africa, ideally in Ghana.
2) The candidate must have management and business development experience.
3) The candidate must be able to get along and work well with all current and future employees of THE COMPANY.
Housing in Takoradi will be provided by THE COMPANY