An international Solar systems and asset financing company that uses mobile technology to provide consumer-financing solutions for solar and other products to low-income customers in West Africa. The management team has started several companies in Ghana, and their last company was acquired by a private equity firm in New York City. We have raised funding from Rockefeller and Lemelson Foundations, Enbridge Energy, the GSM association among others.
- Preparing periodic financial statements, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries;
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions;
- Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget;
- Informing key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies based on outcome of budget analysis
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions;
- Analyzing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts;
- Liaising with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context;
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls as designed by Head of department and those charged with governance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Banking with relevant Professional qualification such as ACCA, ICA, CPA, CIMA. (MBA or Masters in relevant field is a plus)
- 2+ years of experience in mid management position in related industries such as banking, renewable energy company
- Experience analyzing raw data and developing financial modes
- Experience developing key findings and recommendations, and delivering these clearly in written reports and verbal presentations.
- Fluent in Excel including statistical functions. VBA experience a plus
- Excellent spoken and written. French a plus