A reputable 5star hotel in the capital of Ghana is looking for an experienced Learning and Development (L&D) Officer. The L&D Officer is responsible for identifying staff training and development needs, and for planning, organizing and overseeing appropriate training. He/She will help with the ongoing, long-term improvement of employees’ skills, enabling them to fulfil their potential within their organization.
- Conducting job evaluation surveys
- Liaising with managers and interviewing employees at all levels to identify and assess training and development needs.
- Design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the organization and the individual.
- Help line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
- Delivering and overseeing the training of individuals or groups of employees.
- Keep up to date with developments in training in the hospitality industry by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses.
- Compiling and presenting information.
- Implementing, advising on and monitoring appraisal schemes.
- Supervising and monitoring progress made via training programmes or schemes.
- Ensuring employees receive statutory required training.
- Designing and assessing training programmes.
- Bachelor degree in Hospitality Management or Business Administration.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the field of L&D.
- Good time-keeping skills to effectively manage training schedules.
- Personal commitment to improve knowledge and skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in English.
- Organizational and planning skills to manage time and meet deadlines and objectives.
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to initiate and offer new ideas.