A reputable IT company is looking for a professional IT Technician to be responsible for the management, maintenance and development of all ICT equipment and the provision of technical advice and support for ICT curriculum related activities together with in house development and support for teaching and learning.
- Secure security code and ensure the safe set up of new equipment.
- Set up equipment such as laptops, data projectors, interactive whiteboards, sound system and other specialist ICT equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly.
- Deliver hardware and resources to work areas and classrooms as required.
- Assist in creating a structured approach to rolling out new hardware or software, including procurement, testing and assessing the needs of user training.
- Perform checks to ensure that broadband connectivity is maintained.
- Develop a maintenance schedule for all computer hardware, software and networks, and ensure that it is followed.
- Detect, diagnose and resolve most PC, printer and peripheral device faults.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to teachers, pupils and other members of staff on developing their use of ICT in school.
- Produce material and equipment required for teaching as requested.
- Identify software, hardware and working practices required to fulfil the functional specification as defined by school staff.
- Assist in planning and implementing changes to elements of the ICT service as required.
- Take overall responsibility for the promotion and observance of a safe working environment in the specialist work area including risk assessments, review of safety procedures and distribution of safety information for all personnel using specialist work areas – including cleaners, where appropriate.
- Ensure routine safety checks, including electrical tests, are carried out and appropriate records maintained.
- Ensure the safe disposal of obsolete equipment, used consumables and waste materials in line with recognised procedures and legal requirements
- Maintain an up‐to‐date inventory of ICT software and licences in school.
- Responsible for an efficient stock control system and associated records. Order equipment and supplies to secure best value for goods and services.
- Support the full range of financial planning for ICT, including purchase of larger items and help to estimate future budget requirements.
- Provide management information as required.
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field.
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional).
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.