A reputable Pan-African e-commerce platform company is looking for an experienced Head of Category for immediate employment. The company is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. The company is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa.
The Head of Category will be responsible for designing and implementing the strategy of the category (Home & Appliances, Mobile, TV, Grocery, Fashion and Baby Kids and Toys, & Computing). He will be accountable for the most important of company KPIs: growth and profitability and managing end-to-end relationships for our top brands and vendors. From the very essence of commercial, to operations or even co-organization of company key commercial events, your scope will provide you will all levers to drive your categories toward the right direction. This role offers an opportunity to be the next wave of CCOs, MDs and Category Directors across the group.
The role encompasses eight clearly defined dimensions:
- Build strong links with C-Levels and account managers of our top brands and vendors
- Act as a representative of the company to Key Accounts
- Ensure a flawless understanding of the entire ecosystem as well as a tremendous network
- Drive category growth by ensuring we have the right products at the right prices
- Ensure your accounts are match key operational KPIs (out of stock and time for having the products ready to ship)
- Anticipate sourcing through brand product roadmaps
- On-board 100% of your account’s products available
- Organize key commercial events such as Black Friday, company’s Anniversary, etc.
- Build a comprehensive business plan for your category to ensure we structured growth
Key Skills and Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or any related field
- At least 6 years’ experience, either in FMCG, tier 1 retail groups, top banking or consulting companies
- Strong commercial skills
- Good analytical skills
- Great capacity to handle high stake negotiations
- Structured and organized
- Good with tools (excel & PPT, Salesforce.com would be a plus)
- Resistant to stress
- Strong interpersonal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Great ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment
- Flawless English communication