A reputable international company that specialized in providing Total Quality Assurance to industries worldwide is looking for a General Manager for its Office in Ghana.
- Lead and support company’s team in Ghana (Currently 1 sales /bd person and 2 Junior Inspectors).
- Manage relationships with current and future customers.
- Regular reporting as per agreed metrics detailed elsewhere.
- Oversight of all expenses planned or incurred within authority limits defined elsewhere
- Manage productivity and outputs of the team.
- Financial management including budgeting when necessary.
- In-country approvals for actions delegated or required of the position.
- Strong focus on new customers and sales.
- Full adherence to Companies Code of Ethics, UK Anti-Bribery and Corruption Act for team and contractors and sub-contractors.
- Business growth and diversification of customer base.
- Cost control to within budgetary limits.
- Improve profitability in line with business strategy.
- People management with a view to maximizing productivity and utilizations.
- Client negotiations with support from company management.
- Basic financial skills and experience.
- Some technical training would be preferred but not mandatory.
- Sales training will be advantageous.
- Commercial knowledge.
- Understanding of Ghanaian law in relation to people, contracts and health and safety will be advantageous.
- Sales / BD experience preferred.
- Planning, organizing and executing.
- Strong people management skills.
- Extrovert / ability to interact with people.
- Multilingual advantageous.
- Able to travel within the region when required (short duration trips if needed).
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications will be advantageous.