Our client in the construction sector seeks to recruit a Finance Manager who will be responsible for the financial health of a company or organization. Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. The Finance Manager will estimate the costs of construction projects, working with contractors, builders, and architects to provide the most cost-effective plans that meet high-quality standards. Guide senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
The Finance Manager will report to the CEO.
Responsibilities and Duties.
- Review architectural plans and prepare quantity needs.
- Estimate the quantity and costs of materials.
- Prepare contracts and documents.
- Set budgets for payments, inventory needs, and materials.
- Analyze costs for maintenance and additional building needs.
- Track changes in plans or constructions; update budgets.
- Foresee construction risks and advise accordingly.
- Advise clients on improvements, strategies, and/or estimated costs.
- Prepare payments for contractors and subcontractors.
- Document progress, materials, and reports on project.
- Advise on property taxes, regulations, and local laws.
- Source maintenance costs and facilities management for clients.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with contractors and subcontractors.
- Utilize software to calculate, record, and track inventory and estimates.
- Analyze completed projects to determine ROI and compare costs.
- Hire and document contractors and subcontractors.
- Act as a liaison between clients and site managers/engineer Keep track of construction materials and inventory.
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary.
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company.
- Research and analyze financial reports and market trends.
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports.
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Financial Management quantity surveying, construction engineering, management, or related field.
- 5-10 years of general construction estimating experience, financial experience, construction experience, or related field.
- Proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Excel.
- Able to analyze financial records and apply data to improved results.
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports.
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills.
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry.
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.