A decent hospitality company that specialized in both continental and local dishes based in Accra, is looking for an experienced Executive Chef. The ideal person should have 5+years working experience outside Ghana and must have the expertise in preparing local and continental dishes
The Executive Chef will be responsible for;
- Menu design, development and adaptation.
- Resource procurement and inventory.
- Ensure all food safety regulations are followed and displayed on templates.
- Inspect the quality of the food and ingredients.
- Be aware of new culinary trends and recipes.
- Coordinate all of the kitchen staff.
- Hire and train new kitchen staff.
- Manage special dietary needs.
- Oversee purchasing to stay within certain budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in the culinary arts.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and find solutions.
- Budgeting skills to control costs.
- Incredible food preparation abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Deep knowledge of the food industry and trends.
- Incredible time management skills.
- Ability to pass a background test.
- Ability to create new menu items.
- Knowledge in Continental and worldwide types of cuisine.
- Knowledge in pastry and worldwide desserts.
- Ability to create and maintain the restaurants own identity.