A leading event management company based in Ghana is looking for an Event Manager He will be responsible for managing events, raising sponsorships to cover budget for events, and ensuring deadlines and budgets are adhered to. Directs, coordinates activities to prepare for the day of the event. Manages team.
- Manage staff and responsible for event coordination activities.
- Development, production and delivery of projects from proposal, raising budgets right up to delivery.
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) client’s expectations.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project.
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships.
- Managing supplier relationships and travelling to on-site inspections and project managing events.
- Responsible for managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently
- Must provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to your team.
- Being responsible for all project budgets from start to finish.
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery.
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, social events (Beauty pageant), weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, charity events, surprise parties, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events.
- Hire, train, and educate staff on proper event procedures.
- Solicit for sponsorship to cover budget for events, book venues and negotiate fees.
- Prepare invitations and send out at appropriate time.
- Work with guest of honour to ensure all requests are met.
- Drive attendance to the event and ensure staff is adequately prepared for event.
- Promote the event using flyers, cold calling, and social media as examples of ways to spark attention.
- Analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation.
- Define company brand through events and ensure day of event goes smoothly.
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience as event manager (Minimum five years).
- Skilled in project management.
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management.
- Computer savvy and proficient in MS Office suit.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability.
- Good with budgeting and must be customer-service oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills with a knack for problem-solving.
- Must be a team player with leadership and multi-task handling skills with the ability to use initiative to motivate team.
- Reliable and very good at hitting deadlines
- Very Competitive Annual Salary
- Official Vehicle