A reputable international electronic retail company based in Accra is looking for an experienced Credit Control Manager. The Credit Controller is to coordinate the debts of existing debtors, working to ensure high customer satisfaction and loyalty and maintaining debts within the company’s risk level. This is achieved by maintaining close links with customers to handle collection, resolution of account queries and debt recovery.
- Secure credit control procedures and policies that ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of customer retention
- Ensure customers credit ratings are checked before credit approval.
- Set up the terms and conditions of credit to be in line with the risk and amount.
- Manage the timely and effective collection of all debts and payments.
- Debt verification and follow ups.
- Negotiate repayment plans when necessary.
- Maintain strong relationships with all clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment.
- Customer account management
- Ensure procedures are adhered to in opening new customer accounts.
- Vet and approve documents granting credit to customers.
- Maintaining and archiving customer information.
- Review and update debt recovery procedures and stop the supply of goods and/or services, initiation of legal actions when necessary
- Carry out necessary reviews, analysis and compose necessary and requested reports on pre-defined routines and on ad-hoc basis when requested
- Accounting and Financial Systems, Processes and Technology: Designing, implementing and maintaining financial management and reporting systems and complementary financial and administrative business processes, to support the effective and judicious use of financial resources
- Business Perspective: Using an understanding of business issues, processes and outcomes to enhance business performance.
- Information Gathering and Processing: Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information.
- Products and Services: Maintains an up to date understanding of products and services necessary to perform duties and tasks.
- Reporting: Create written and comprehensive reports, including KPI’s and other measurements, following set defined procedures and standards making use of applicable reporting systems and tools
- Analytical Thinking: Analysing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making.
- Attention to Detail: Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner.
- Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- Results Oriented: Demonstrates the effort, willingness and ambition to achieving results. Meets objectives and responds proactively to avoid disappointing results.
- Customers, Dealers, Services, sales, parts, Business Unit Management
Applicable Process, Standards and Guidelines
- Credit Policy
- Workshop Process
- Sales Process
- Services Delivery Process
- Order to Delivery Process
- Code of Conduct / Compliance / Ethics
- Dealer Operating Standard
- GAAP – Local guidelines
- Audit & Compliance Guidelines
- MSc.in Accounting, Finance, Business, Mathematics or related field
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- 7 years equivalent work experience in the same position with FMCG will be advantageous
- Experience from similar role, an advantage