- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Make sure that projects meet building and safety standards.
- Regularly check on the progress and quality of construction.
- Prepare contracts and bids; estimates costs and makes schedules; and ensures projects stay within budget.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the other departments. This includes batching plant, workshop, block production e.t.c.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in the construction field, such as construction management, construction science, civil engineering or mechanical engineer.
Please note that this role is based in Angola