An International Oil and Gas company is looking for a Commercial Lawyer to support the company in all its commercial exploits via legal review and direction, ensuring the successful completion of acquisitions and mergers of going concerns for inclusion in the company portfolio.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of contract documents including master agreements, complex project agreements, statements of work, and data processing agreements
- Conduct all aspects of contracting from proposal, preparation through contract negotiation and completion with external and internal customers.
- Handle day to day legal advice on a broad range of domestic and international legal issues.
- Review and draft commercial contracts and documents.
- Provide legal advice for the divisions of the company.
- Administer Legislative and regulatory compliance tracking.
- Act as a key coordinator of activities leading to the proactive resolution of business, legal and administrative issues pertaining to assigned contracts.
- Consult and handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, lawsuits, patents)
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues.
- Research, anticipate and guard company against legal risks.
- Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents
- Plan, negotiate and close transactions of the company deals.
- Conduct project Mergers and Acquisition Legal due diligence and provide legal support and analysis on project development-related issues.
- Review asset purchase, equity purchase and sale agreements, capital contribution agreements and limited liability company agreements.
- Review, draft and negotiate ancillary agreements such as confidentiality agreements, assignment agreements and termination agreements.
- Participate in and contribute to a broad range of Mergers and Acquisitions, joint venture and other strategic transactions, including due diligence, research, and drafting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law and Masters in Commercial Law
- At least 5 years of proven experience with exceptional track record of success and making difference in previous roles.
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills
- Administrative and managerial skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to legal details
- Has developed commercial awareness with an outcome orientated approach and the ability to apply legal principles pragmatically.
- Be a person of unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- High level of self-confidence and energy.
- High level of intellectual agility, initiative, self-motivation, patience and resourcefulness.
- Strong technical skills, sharp intellect, and experience to resolve difficult, complex legal and business problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and relate well with a diverse group of stakeholders and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize, using perspective to focus on critical tasks that add value.
- Excellent project leadership, including excellent organizational skills and follow-through.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in areas of critical importance to the Company.
- Ability to devise pragmatic and creative solutions to business and legal matters.
- Previous experience in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent spoken and written English