The COO will oversee all operational functions for the company and he/she is responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of the Company. He will also ensure that the company has the proper operational controls in place to effectively grow the business and ensure financial viability.
- Responsible for all activities when CEO is absent;
- Work closely with the CEO to develop and accomplish goals and strategic plans established by board members and executives of the Company;
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes;
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization;
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all internal and external operational processes;
- Day-to-day responsibilities and strategic planning activities;
- Marshalling limited resources to the most productive uses with the aim of creating maximum value for the company’s stakeholders;
- Developing and cascading the organization’s strategy/mission statement to the lower-ranking staff, and recommending and implementing approved and appropriate rewards/recognition and coaching/corrective practices to align personnel with company goals;
- Planning by prioritizing customer, employee, and organizational requirements;
- Maintaining and monitoring staffing levels, Knowledge-Skills-Attributes (KSA), expectations and motivation to fulfil organizational requirements;
- Driving performance measures for the operation (including a consideration of efficiency versus effectiveness);
- Being in the spotlight. Need to manage the luxury of working behind a “public” figure both inside and outside the organization and must learn how to manage this additional obligation.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the Company;
- Remain knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and all aspects of the Company’s market;
- Establish key performance indicators for management of the operations team;
- Responsible for capital planning and expenditures;
- Establish commission structures, training and long and short-term goals for the operations team;
- Gather and analyze industry tends to assist in developing corporate strategy;
- Represent the Company at various community activities, and meet and network regularly with business leaders in the community;
- Any other duties in line with the role, which may be assigned from time to time.
- University degree in Project Management, Marketing or equivalent.
- Practical sales and marketing training and/or certification.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience, 2 of which must be in a senior level position.
- Ability to design and implement operations policies and strategies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage people and lead a team.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Excellent analytical skills.