A FMCG company that export frozen around the world is looking for a Business Development Officer. The business development officer will build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Degree in Business Management with 3-5 years of relevant business development experience
- Proficient in both English and French communication is a must.
- Must be able to implement systems and put structures in place
- Prospects for target clients for an increased business growth.
- Analyses and plans innovative strategies of selling.
- Endeavours to build healthy bonds with new clients.
- Determines sales targets and ensures they are successfully achieved by the sales personnel.
- Identifies new opportunities for sales campaigns that can lead to increased sales.
- Discusses and consults with other managers on latest business trends with a view to introduce innovative products or services in future.
- Must understands the company’s reputation and ensures to retain that image by continually enhancing the organisation’s performance.