The Business Development Manager will report to the CEO of Ghana and be responsible for developing new products and new sales channels in order to drive transformational growth opportunities within Ghana. This role will work in partnership with both company Group product development team and with company’s credit, operations and IT functions.
▪ Collaborate closely with group product development to bring to market and pilot new product and new channel concepts.
▪ Conduct customer surveys. Collect data for and prepare competitor product and pricing analysis. Perform “mystery shopping” with competitors and service providers.
▪ Establish and nurture relationships with mid and senior level managers at potential suppliers and distribution channel partners.
▪ Test different products, services and technologies to understand how they could work in combination with the company’s new offerings and be of benefit to customers.
▪ Attend industry events and in general be up to date with relevant financial services, technologies and credit opportunities in the Ghanaian market
▪ Understand the strategic objectives of the Ghana Branch and be able to use this as a basis to find new opportunities
▪ Prospect for new and relevant opportunities so as to fill the new product development pipeline
▪ A university degree from a reputable tertiary institution
▪ Demonstrated track record of creating successful new products or new channels under situations of uncertainty and risk
▪ Experience in either financial services or consumer services is required
▪ Exposure to emerging markets essential with a preference for exposure to and strong relationships within Ghana
▪ Excellent execution capability. Independent. Tenacious. Innovative problem solver.
▪ Very good skills relating to influencing, negotiating and building relationships
▪ Excellent inter-personal & presentation skills
▪ Well-developed set of critical thinking and fact-based reasoning skills
▪ Reasonable level of comfort with analytics and numbers. Detailed financial modeling not required.
▪ The position will require the person to work closely with the group product development and deployment team but essentially to take ownership of the new product development and deployment process.
▪ In order to deliver on these responsibilities the individual will require a good understanding of credit, financial services, technology, trends and developing opportunities in the market
▪ The position will not only require very good communication, business development and team player skills with a “can do” attitude that will develop and build the companies new product development and deployment pipeline. Success in the position will hinge on ability to find opportunities and develop them from an idea into a profitable proof of concept before handing over to the project development team.