Our client, a subsidiary of a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production group listed on the London, Irish and Ghanaian stock exchanges currently seeks talented and qualified Ghanaian to fill the position of Assistant Rig Superintendent in the Ghana Business Unit.
- To provide day to day support to the rig management team of one or more rigs in order to deliver well objectives in accordance with organization’s operational requirements in the most safe and cost-effective manner.
- To provide safety leadership support in all activities and aspects of the role by supporting the management of all operations associated with well delivery and to develop and maintain effective relationships necessary to perform the duties.
- Support the management of all third party contractors in their delivery of services and equipment to the operation.
- Support and assist in the continuous development of performance improvement through optimization of well design and rig performance.
- Ensure EHS is the highest priority in all elements of programme delivery.
- Demonstrate and publicize organization’s EHS commitment to all parties including the offshore crew by conducting regular offshore visits.
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of EHS plans for all operations.
- Custodian of corrective actions resulting from rig inspections, audits, incidents and general findings and drive these to close-out.
- Involvement in incident investigations to ensure they are thoroughly and jointly investigated and learnings recorded and implemented.
- Participate in risk assessments identifying exposure and mitigations prior to campaign/activity start and assist in developing relevant bridging documents.
- Ensure continuous improvement and lessons learnt are captured in the Lesson Learned Database and transferred into Well Operations manuals and implemented in all well operations.
- Coordinate, initiate and manage alongside Rig Superintendent the technical readiness of new rig and to run organization’s specific completions.
- Coordinate, initiate and manage alongside Rig Superintendent specialist projects as required, for the optimization and/or reduction in well cost.
- Work with service providers to ensure service delivery meets or exceeds requirements.
- Assist with management of operations in the most cost-effective manner and cost control of all activities in within remit.
- A University degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent is required.
- Extensive Drilling Engineering/Operations with operating companies.
- Subsea drilling and completions experience within the last five years in water depths greater than 1000 metres.
- Extensive knowledge of subsea completions preferably including running of cased hole frac packs, smart completions, subsea well testing and subsea tree / landing string systems.
- Proven work experience in remote locations and knowledge of work environments in West Africa.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and influencing skills.
- High proficiency in IT and industry software including:
- MS Office suite.
- Valid / recognized Well Control certification.
- Valid / recognized survival certification.
- Valid / recognized Medical Certificate.